Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cost of Discipleship (Luke 14:25-27)

Luke 14:25-27   25 Now large crowds were traveling with Jesus; and he turned and said to them,  26 "Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.  27 Whoever does not carry the cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. 

Matthew 10:37-39   37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;  38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  39 Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 


Discipleship is not something Jesus wants us to enter into blindly.  Jesus wants us to make a conscious commitment - after we understand the sacrifice.  Putting Jesus before family is one of the sacrifices.  The reward is that we will find life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!