Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We are tied together in Christ's Kingdom (Matthew 10:40-42)

Matthew 10:40-42   40 "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.  41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 

Anyone besides me feel overwhelmed at this?  Jesus ties his followers so closely to himself that if people reject us, they reject him.  Of course he is talking about followers who are actually doing his work - followers he has sent - not impostors.

Western Christianity doesn't handle this well... we want to think we can be "Lone Ranger" Christians.  But Jesus ties us all together with him in his kingdom.  We serve one another along with him!  Our destinies are together.

*****

Other Gospels Weigh in....

Luke 10:16   16 "He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." 

John 13:20  20 I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!